Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Alaskan Chic

Foot, Shoes, Work Shoes, Leg, RestIn the last week or so I have received several invites to join fashion blogging groups.  I appreciate the invitations but I don't think I am a good candidate for such groups.

Spectacles, Glasses, Flannel, PlaidMost of the year I live in boots, jeans, flannel shirts and long johns under shirts. In the spring and fall, my jeans are the regular ones but in the colder parts of the year, I wear lined jeans.

The jeans I buy are lined with flannel or polar fleece from the same folks who make work clothing for people who work outside in construction,  excavation, road work or any other outdoors job.

Young, Girl, Cute, People, Jean ShortsIf its too cold I usually add some heavy duty overalls to the outfit with a very large heavy duty coat. Only way to stay warm when its -40 or -50 outside.  On the other hand if its late spring or summer, I am usually in either cargo pants and a flannel shirt or t-shirt or  the shortest shorts and skinniest tank top I can find with sandals.  

After all, summer is fleeting and I love feeling the sun on my skin.  Some days I feel like a cat who curls up in the sunlight on the bed and just purrs, enjoying it.

You don't see a lot of fashionable outfits unless you work for a  real business that has a dress code, otherwise most people wear what I wear.  Even brides have been known to wear overalls for their outdoor weddings in the fall.  I can tell you about the best rainboots for the mud, where to get the overalls that will keep you warm in the coldest of weather but don't expect me to know about the latest heels or fashions from New York City.  They don't work up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment