Thursday, September 24, 2015

Microbreweries.

Beer, Bottle, The Bottle, Brewery When I hear the term microbreweries, I think of small artisan beer makers.  The ones who put out a limited amount of product so they don't flood the market and keep the quality high.  I think there is at least one in every state.  The other thing about microbreweries is that you can purchase liquid in growlers so as to save money by only having to fill the growler rather than buy a new one every time.

Today, I discovered a different type of microbrewery.  I was on Amazon shopping for soy sauce and I came across a brand of artisan soy sauce microbrewed in Kentucky!  You read that right!  Kentucky!
Seasonings, Soy Sauce, White, Saucer
Bourbon Barrel Foods makes a Blue Grass soy sauce.  The soy sauce is micro-brewed in old burbon barrels.  They make small batches so that the quality is good.  I have not tried it yet but I want to.  In addition they produce a variety of sauces and salts.

As far as I can tell, Bourbon Barrel Foods is the only microbrewery of its type in the United States.  All others are overseas in Japan or Korea.  I plan to order some and give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment