Monday, August 17, 2015

Makeshift Boats

Sled, Snow, Winter, Sleigh, Holiday, FunI have a nice large black sled I use to transport boxes from the post office to my house.  Its about 3 to 4 feet long and about 2 feet wide.  It is a great size for bringing a bunch of boxes back at one go or to full several kids.  Yeah.

I had my sled in the entrance between my apartment and my neighbors because I am still unpacking my house after they painted.  Sometime during the afternoon, my sled and my ice chipper disappeared.  I couldn't figure out where they  had gone.  The sled is not great on mud.  About 2 hours later, I heard kids on the lake, looked out and what do you know!

Rowing, Rowing Boat, Boat, Fun, LakeThey had taken the sled to use as a boat and the ice chipper as an oar!  They were out on the lake, using the chipper to move themselves around the lake.  They didn't ask.  They told one person it belonged to Miss B and to me they said S stole. They said they never took it but there were witnesses. 

I got my sled back after a little help from a couple other children.  It is interesting how a child's mind works.  The sled made a really nice boat for the two young men and the ice chipper worked well to help them maneuver around.  It actually looked a real row boat from a distance.  After all is said and done, I have a new use for the larger sleds.....LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment